Versatile Detec TruGround Conductive Primer Provide Peace of Mind
With new Detec TruGround® Conductive Primer, electronic leak detection (ELD) of conventional roof assemblies is fast and easy, giving contractors and property managers peace of mind that the roofing system is leak-free.
The patented water-based, liquid-applied, electronically conductive medium is applied directly to the substrate, using a brush or roller, prior to membrane adhesion. Breaches, holes, and seam voids in the membrane can then be discovered by applying an electrical current to the surface of the membrane. Once applied, the primer allows ELD testing for the life of the roofing system.
Detec TruGround Conductive Primer is an extremely versatile tool:
- Compatible with all single-ply membranes.
- Works on any properly prepared, non-conductive horizontal or vertical surface, including insulation, plywood, wood, lightweight concrete, and coverboard.
- Suitable for use in fully adhered, mechanically attached, and ballasted roofing systems.
- Supports low- or high-voltage testing methods.
- Can be used to test new roofing systems and for maintenance, warranty, and forensic purposes.
Detec TruGround Conductive Primer is listed in more than 10,200 Mule-Hide Products Factory Mutual (FM) RoofNav assemblies. Additional options also are available when the building is not FM-insured but a Mule-Hide Products system warranty is desired.
A quick dry time (typically less than 30 minutes), excellent adhesion, and a low-VOC (volatile organic compound), non-flammable, solvent-free formula make the primer contractor friendly.
More information can be found here.